I survived my first ever cleanse/detox program. My program lasted seven days which was just the perfect amount of time, if you ask me. For my HASAY
group, I would definitely have to say that it was well worth my time and effort. Here are some thoughts and suggestions and a few parting words:
1) Make sure you a great health care practitioner working with you, as I did with Dr. Keith Smigiel, DC
. Sure you can go online and buy a tub of the UltraClear PLUS but you can also just eat less and exercise more and that hasn't always worked for us in the past. Having someone who cares about your progress and is paying attention to what you say through out the week is very important. And believe me, sometimes you are quite woozy and need a clear head around.
2) My main goal was to "jump start" my metabolism and lose some weight. Both objectives were achieved. I lost 6.5 pounds and time will tell whether the rate is kicked up enough to help me lose weight quicker.
3) I could not believe that I rarely felt hungry. The medical food drinks and about two helpings of green vegetables filled me up. I missed the nightly wine, I'm not going to lie.
4) You have to keep the exercise light, like walking and simple strength training as you can get pretty dizzy.
5) No real unpleasant side effects: no gas, no smelly urine, etc.
6) Some great side effects: detailed, interesting dreams
, you feel very relaxed (almost high).
7) Perhaps my favorite thing: my stomach has flattened (not gone away, but I lost the pooch)!
8) Maybe my insides are all cleaned and the toxins have all been removed; I honestly don't have any feeling or sensation about what's going on inside.
9) You will be tired of every vegetable you eat. Really, no vegetable should be eaten all day long and without any pepper, salt or other ingredients. I ate: broccoli (twice), asparagus, romaine lettuce, green beans, and zucchini squash (twice).
10) Now that I am eating real food again, everything tastes and smells divine! I am working on only small portions. But I can tell, my inner devil is trying to tempt me with my favorite fattening foods. I must stand strong, as I am on a roll, now. I'd like to lose 5-10 pounds and then I can fit into my closet full of clothes that are just hanging there, looking sad.
Perhaps most importantly, I made my mind up to do this program and stuck with it all week, no matter what. I attended a ladies luncheon where I only chowed on lettuce and packaged up the rest for Bill's dinner, I was offered a slice of pizza fresh out of the wood stove and said "no" and I even cooked a gigantic steak and potato dinner for Bill and sat with him at the table, nibbling on zucchini. I feel good about these things and helps me to know that if I really put my mind to it, I can lose the extra weight on my body.
If you have questions or just want to talk to Keith, here's his contact information:
Labels: diet and exercise, HASAY diet, UltraClear